# Change Log (6.0.x)
What is a breaking change?
- The original configuration file may not work, for example, if a directive item is removed or renamed.
- It may be necessary to update the build environment, such as installing new dependencies.
# [6.0.3] - 2021-08-02 UTC+0800
- A segmentation fault may be raised when releasing resources from the virtual machine.
# [6.0.2] - 2021-08-01 UTC+0800
- The whitelist of URL and Referer in the upper-level configuration cannot be inherited properly.
# [6.0.1] - 2021-07-30 UTC+0800
- Deprecates the parameters
percentof the directive
waf_cache, but does not remove them, only that they no longer have any effect. These two parameters will be removed in the future.
- Improved performance of CC protection.
- Extreme cases may waste a lot of memory. Thanks to @RekGRpth (opens new window) for their help.
# [6.0.0] - 2021-07-21 UTC+0800
This release contains some breaking changes.
Advanced rules have a high performance cost because the principle is to compile the rules into a series of instructions that are then executed by the VM.
# Upgrade from 5.x.x to 6.x.x
Create a new empty file named
advancedin the rules directory.
If the directive
waf_priorityis used, you can delete it or modify it according to the directive in the documentation.
# Pre-built modules
We now provide pre-compiled modules that can be used as long as the following requirements are met.
- The version of nginx must be the latest stable or mainline version.
- The C standard library implementation must be the GNU implementation or the MUSL implementation.
The download script will automatically check if the second condition is met.
You can execute
assets/download.sh to download the corresponding version of the module and save it to the current directory. Here is the use case.
# nginx-stable ngx_waf-stable sh assets/download stable stable # nginx-mainline ngx_waf-stable sh assets/download mainline stable # nginx-stable ngx_waf-beta sh assets/download stable beta # nginx-mainline ngx_waf-beta sh assets/download mainline beta
Each update takes about an hour and a half to compile the module, so it is recommended that you download the updated module more than two hours after the update, otherwise you may download the old module.
- Advanced rules are supported, see the documentation for details.
- Remove mode
COMPAT, no longer fully compatible with
Updated the directive
waf_priority, see the documentation for details.
You can now use all the directives of this module in blocks